Player 1 : Think of a 3 or 4 letter word.
Player 1 : Find the letter bricks you need to spell it.
Player 1 : Hide the bricks for your word by building a construction made of standard 2x4 LEGO bricks and the Braille Bricks.
Player 2 : Find the hidden Braille Bricks inside the construction.
Player 2 : Write a word with all the letter bricks found.
Both players : Compare and discuss the words created.
How to prepare
1 base plate
Classic 2x4 LEGO bricks
Place the letter bricks in one big bowl and the classic bricks in the other.
Arrange several of each letter in alphabetical order on an additional storage base plate for ease in finding letters. This can be prepared in advance or a warm-up activity for the child.
Suggest "Imagine a story in which your word is the highlight of the adventure.".
Hide additional words.
Change the number of letters in the word.
Build construction to relate to the hidden word.
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Enrich the lexicon, acquire grammatical and lexical spelling
- Adapt a project according to constraints and audience
- Develop vocabulary and understanding in reading
- Develop vocabulary and understanding in reading: Discuss word meanings, link new meanings to those already known
- Manipulate: make an intentional movement with an object
- Plan and carry out routine or non-routine activities requiring multiple steps
Did you know?
Recent research shows how curiosity and positive experiences are linked to learning.
Braille activity groups
Learn braille letters, numbers, mathematic symbols and punctuation signs and know how to read and write them.
Assemble characters brick by brick and play with words in order to develop the ability to read and write.
Assemble characters, play with numbers and develop the ability to do basic mathematics and geometry.