Build a City!
Create and manipulate bricks to build a large city full of different types of structures. Invite someone inside.
Pick a brick from the box
Attach it to the base plate
Add other bricks, to build a large city out of LEGO Braille Bricks that can be seen from far, far away, and even from the sky!
Give someone a guided tour of your city!
How to prepare
A base plate
Ask player about where they grew up.
Compare and discuss size and types of homes and buildings, urban space/country living
Suggest building representation of hometown city or neighborhood
Suggest adding minifigures to the city, for play!
Build only a few buildings, a neighborhood
Build a small village with only houses (one brick for one house)
Use several bricks as foundations for the same building
Add other base plates and play with peer to make a giant city!
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Use and produce representations of solids and spatial situations
- Use spoken language to develop understanding through speculating, hypothesizing, imagining and exploring ideas
- Recognize and use notions of alignment, right angle, equality of lengths, middle, symmetry
- Implement an artistic project
- Anticipate potential problems, identify steps for resolution including alternative solutions
Did you know?
Creative skills - coming up with ideas, expressing them and transforming them into reality by creating associations, symbolizing and representing ideas and providing meaningful experience for others.
Pre-braille activity groups
Discover and get used to the bricks, learn how to handle, assemble and put them on the base plate.
Learn how to position the bricks on the base plate and be aware that their orientation is important.
Discover the braille cell and how studs are arranged in two columns. Learn how to differentiate the studs.