Searching and digging for gold, to find and manipulate LEGO bricks, in a treasure hunting activity.
Remove the bricks one by one to find the LEGO Braille Bricks inside this rock: it is a Gold Nugget
Place the bricks that are not the Gold Nugget in the bowl
Attach your Gold Nugget to the base plate
How to prepare
1 base plate
10 classic 2x4 LEGO bricks
1 letter brick “G”
Build a construction around the letter brick “G”, using the 10 classic 2x4 LEGO bricks.
Allow choice of treasure to be found, according to the child's interests
Change the letter brick to coincide with chosen treasure
Change the number/shape of LEGO bricks
Increase the number of Gold Nuggets
Increase the number of rocks
Children will develop these holistic skills
- Recognize, classify and sort shapes in 2 dimensions
- Describe an organization produced or observed
- Compare - discover similarities, differences, and preferences: sort and match
- Control motor skills and emotional commitment to succeed in simple actions
- Plan and carry out routine or non-routine activities requiring multiple steps
Did you know?
Children can learn to carry out multi-step activities, resist distractions and choose tasks suited to their interests and skill level, just as they can learn to use more advanced problem-solving strategies.
Pre-braille activity groups
Discover and get used to the bricks, learn how to handle, assemble and put them on the base plate.
Learn how to position the bricks on the base plate and be aware that their orientation is important.
Discover the braille cell and how studs are arranged in two columns. Learn how to differentiate the studs.